FY 2019 Open Faculty Position (Biostatistics and Bioinformatics)
St. Luke’s International University, Tokyo, Japan, is inviting applications for the following full-time position at its Graduate School of Public Health
Graduate School of Public Health
Associate Professor or Professor, 1 person
Biostatistics and Bioinformatics
- Subject in charge/Other content
Biostatistics, at the graduate (master’s and doctoral degree) level,
Supervision of Master’s Capstone project research and PhD thesis
- Starting date
September 1, 2019 (Heisei 31) (Negotiable)
- Qualifications of applicants
Person with proper academic and research background and special knowledge/achievements in this field as the academic major, corresponding to the following items.
The applicant must have a doctoral degree and excellent educational achievements in this field as the academic major and be able to lecture and provide supervision in this field through English language medium.
1) At least 5 years’ experience at the associate professor level at this or another university
2) Experience at the professor level at another university
3) Outstanding practical experience and past leadership activities
4) Experience/abilities exceeding those under the above-mentioned points 1) to 3)
1) At least 3 years’ experience at the assistant or junior associate professor
level at this or another university
2) Experience at the associate professor level at another university
3) At least 5 years’ experience at the associate, assistant or junior associate professor
level at a junior college.
4) Superior practical experience and past leadership activities
5) Experience/abilities exceeding those under the above-mentioned points 1) to 4)
- Documents to be submitted
1) Curriculum vitae: (A4, free style/format, including the following items) Essential items: Name, Sex, Date of birth, Contact address, Tel. No., E-mail., Academic background, Degrees conferred and names of the conferring universities, Licenses/qualifications obtained and their official numbers/Names of conferring bodies, Employment history, Activities in Academic Societies/Other Social bodies, Special rewards/criminal record.
Attachment of a photo is optional.
2) List of Achievements (Publications including original articles, reviews, books; presentations at symposia of academic societies, etc.)
3) Two of your Main Publications in your Academic Major in PDF format (A4 size)
4) Teaching (educational) record (Year, University, Subject taught, etc.) (A4 size, free style)
5) List of Research Achievements (Year, Title, Grant-in-Aid or Name of grant, etc.) (A4 size, free style)
6) Cover letter stating what you will contribute to the education and research at this university (A4 size, one page, free style)
7) Copies of qualifications/licenses in PDF format (A4 size)
8) Personal Referees: Two
Please notify the referees that someone from this university may contact them; and to provide their contact information.
＊Submitted documents are used solely for screening purposes in the process of hiring an employee for the above-mentioned position, and information contained therein will not be leaked to any outside bodies under any circumstances. No submitted documents will be returned to the sender.
- Selection process
Document screening, interview (Depending on the circumstances, an internet-based interview may be possible.)
＊An applicant may be asked to give a presentation during the interview if considered necessary.
＊Please note that the applicant bears responsibility for all travel/accommodation and other costs incurred in relation with the submission of the application/attendance of an interview.
- Deadline for submission of applications
Applications must be received by 7 am Japan Standard Time on April 8 (Mon), 2019 (Heisei 31)
(Submission only by E-mail.)
＊After the document screening, applicants will be notified of the results by e-mail first, and hard-copy documents will be sent thereafter by ordinary mail.
＊The details of the schedule after the document screening will only be notified individually to the successful candidates.
- Submission address
To: “The Selection Committee, Faculty, Graduate School of Public Health, Biostatistics” Human Resources, Center for Human Resources, St. Luke’s International University
＊Please submit an E-mail to the above e-mail address.
＊Put “Application documents, Faculty, Graduate School of Public Health Biostatistics (Your name)”in the Subject line.
＊Candidates who have passed the document review may be asked to submit the original copies of the submitted documents.
Human Resources, Center for Human Resources, St. Luke’s International University
E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org (No inquiries by telephone)
＊Working conditions/salary/benefits, etc. will be based on St. Luke’s International University’s employment- and salary-related regulations.
＊This university was founded on Christian principles, and only qualified persons who can identify with and respect this spiritual basis should apply.