FY 2021 Open Faculty Position（Health Policy and Management）
St. Luke’s International University, Tokyo, Japan, is inviting applications for the following full-time position at its Graduate School of Public Health
Graduate School of Public Health
Professor or Associate Professor, 1 person
Health Policy and Management
- Subject in charge/Other content
Health Policy and Management at the graduate (master's and doctoral degree) level, Supervision of Master's Capstone project research and doctoral thesis
- Starting date
April 1, 2021
- Qualifications of applicants
Person with high level of academic and research background with expertise and a track record of achievements in this field, including health policy specific to Japan, and fulfilling at least one of the qualifying criteria listed below.
The applicant must have a doctoral degree, educational achievements in this field, and be able to lecture and provide supervision to students in English.
1. At least 5 years of experience at the associate professor level at this or another university
2. Experience at the professor level at another university
3. Outstanding practical experience and past leadership activities
4. Experience/abilities exceeding those under the above-mentioned points 1 to 3
1. At least 3 years of experience at the assistant or junior associate professor level at this or another university
2. Experience at the associate professor level at another university
3. At least 5 years of experience at the associate, assistant or junior associate professor level at a junior college.
4. Superior practical experience and past leadership activities
5. Experience/abilities exceeding those under the above-mentioned points 1 to 4
- Documents to be submitted
1. Curriculum vitae (A4, free style/format, including the following items), Essential items: Name, Sex, Date of birth, Contact address, Tel. No., E-mail., Academic background, Degrees conferred and names of the conferring universities, Licenses/qualifications obtained and their official numbers/Names of conferring bodies, Employment history, Activities in Academic Societies/Other Social bodies, Special rewards/criminal record. Attachment of a photo is optional.
2. List of Achievements (Publications including original articles, reviews, books; presentations at symposia of academic societies, etc.)
3. Two of your Main Publications in your Academic Major in PDF format (A4 size)
4. Teaching (Education) record (year, university, subject taught, etc) (A4 size, free style)
5. Research Achievements (Year, Title, Grant-in-Aid or Name of grant, etc.) (A4 size, free style)
6. Cover letter stating what you will contribute to the education and research at this university (A4 size, one page, free style)
7. Copies of qualifications/licenses in PDF format (A4 size)
8. Letters of References: Two.
Please notify the references that someone from this university may contact them; and to provide their contact information.
*Submitted documents are used solely for screening purposes in the process of hiring an employee for the above mentioned position, and information contained therein will not be released to any outside bodies under any circumstances. No submitted documents will be returned to the sender.
- Selection process
Document screening, interview (depending on the circumstances, an internet based interview may be possible.)
＊An applicant may be asked to give a presentation during the interview if considered necessary.
＊Please note that the applicant bears responsibility for all travel/accommodation and other costs incurred in relation with the submission of the application/attendance of an interview.
- Deadline for submission of applications
Applications must be received by 7 am Japan Standard Time on October 31, 2020 (Sat.)
Please submit all documents only by e mail.
＊After the document screening, applicants will be notified of the results by e mail first, and hard copy documents will be sent thereafter by ordinary mail.
＊The details of the schedule after the document screening will only be notified individually to
the successful candidates.
- Submission address
To:“The Selection Committee, Faculty, Health Policy and Management” Human Resources, Center for Human Resources, St. Luke’s International University
＊Please submit an e-mail to the above e-mail address.
＊Put“Application documents, Faculty, Health Policy and Management (Your name)”in the Subject line.
＊Candidates who have passed the document review may be asked to submit the original copies of the submitted documents.
Human Resources, Center for Human Resources, St. Luke’s International University
E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org (No inquiries by telephone)
*Working conditions/salary/benefits, etc. will be based on St. Luke’s International University’s employment- and salary-related regulations. (salary scale for national government employees in Japan applied)
*In principle, work at the university is 5 days per week. However, if you are engaged in work related to this field with your current employer, an agreement for a cross-appointment between the institutions may be considered.
*This university was founded on Christian principles, and only qualified persons who can respect this spiritual basis should apply.