MPH Considerations for International Students
Considerations for International Applicants
Due to circumstances unique to foreign national and international applicants, procedures for applying and for admissions may be different in certain areas. While these are noted in various locations where appropriate, a summary is provided below for clarity, as well. We request that international applicants and foreign residents in Japan make sure that they understand the following.
International Applicants are defined as non-Japanese citizens who plan to move to Japan for the purpose of enrolling in the sSt. Luke's Graduate School of Public Health.
- All application materials are required to be submitted in English. An Application Form prepared in Japanese is not necessary.
- Due to visa processing times required prior to the start of the school year (April 1), applications from international applicants currently living overseas can only be accepted during Block 1.
- Foreigners residing in Japan must also submit these additional materials:
- Copy of Resident Card
- Certificate of Employment from your employer if identified by the immigration bureau as being employed in Japan
- Foreigners not residing in Japan
- Full page copy of your valid passport
- If you have questions regarding your eligibility for an application fee waiver, please feel free to consult the SLGSPH Admissions Office.
- International applicants who are not able to attend in person will be asked to participate in an examination using online video conferencing resources.
- International students should be aware that it takes at least 3 months to obtain a student visa allowing you to study in Japan. As such, we STRONGLY RECOMMEND that you begin the visa application process immediately after you have been notified of your admission to the GSPH.
- International applicants who residing overseas are eligible for a full scholarship covering academic expenses (i.e. application fee, admission fee, tuition and facility maintenance fee) as well as a monthly stipend. Scholarships covering partial expenses may be awarded regardless of where the applicants are currently living.
Please see Tuition and Scholarships for more details.