MPH Admission Information
Professional Degree and Area of Expertise Offered
Area of Expertise: Public Health Sciences
Professional Degree: Master of Public Health (MPH)
Three curricular programs are available to meet the needs of individual students. Please indicate the program on your application. Barring extenuating circumstances, program lengths cannot be changed after application.
2-year MPH Program
Recommended for most students. The standard 2-year MPH requires completion of at least 42 units over 2 academic years. The 2-year course also allows for time to complete an optional internship between academic years.
1-year MPH Program
Advanced students will complete at least 42 units of course work within 12 months. Eligibility for the 1-year MPH program is limited only to applicants with at least a master’s degree or equivalent in any of the health, medical, and welfare fields, and with at least 2 years of full-time professional work experience relevant to those fields (see below for specific list). It is highly recommended that 1-year program students reduce their professional responsibilities to less than 32 work hours per week.
Job Example List
- Governmental agency（e.g. health and welfare, occupational safety, environmental health）
- Public health insurance
- Private health insurance
- Hospital and clinic (junior residency is acceptable)
- Health facility for elders
- Pharmaceutical industries
- Healthcare-related industries
- Environment-related industries
- Other health and welfare association（NPO, NGO）
- Environmental health or occupational safety divisions
- Health policy related or hospital management think-tank
※ Using the above as the basic criteria, final judgement of whether the two-year professional work experience requirement is fulfilled will take place during the interview.
3-year MPH Program
An extended 3 year course is available for students unable to complete 42 units in the standard 2-year period. The extended program may be appropriate for students with limited ability to take time off from professional obligations.
Admission Procedure Schedule (for 2022 Admissions)
- Applications by non-Japanese candidate living outside of Japan are accepted only in the first block due to the necessary time for the VISA procedures.
- Applications from overseas must arrive at least on the last day of each application period.
|September 6, 2021 (Mon)|
|Results Notification||October 4, 2021 (Mon)|
|January 17, 2022(Mon)|
|Results Notification||January 31, 2022 (Mon)|
|February 18, 2022 (Fri)|
|Results Notification||March 1, 2022 (Tue)|